House on the Rock The Gateway is a daughter church of House on the Rock Churches, headquartered in Lagos Nigeria with Paul A. Adefarasin as the founder, senior Pastor and prelate presiding.
This vibrant daughter Church was planted in the Johannesburg by our Metropolitan Senior Pastor:
The pastor assigned to pioneer the mission is Jim Bent who also is the Resident Pastor of the Church since November 2007.
We are a multiracial, multiethnic and diverse group of people, from the young to the old, striving to truly be a ‘Home For All’. An embracing and expressive people, who believe in the efficacy of the Word God, exuberant worship and enabling community.
We believe that God has called us to bring people to connect with Him and become part of His family; and to assist them to discover their gifts and life’s purpose, and inspire them to develop a Christ like character to the intent that we all bring glory to Him by becoming positive change agents in the world.
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authorititative written Word of God. (Ps. 199; Mat. 4:4; Lk. 24:27)
- There is one God, eternally co-existent in three Persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (1 Jn. 5:7)
- In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His Virgin Birth, His Sinless Life, His Miracles, His Vicarious and atoning Death, His Bodily Resurrection, His Ascension to the Right Hand of the Father, His personal future to this Earth in Power and Glory to rule a thousand years. (Jn. 1:1-4; Eph. 2:13-18; Rev. 19-20)
- In the Rapture of the Church before Christ’s physical return. (1 Thess. 4:13-18)
- The only means of salvation is through Repentance and Faith in the Name of Jesus Christ. (1 Jn. 5:14; Acts 4:12)
- The Redemptive Work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer. (Ex. 15:25-26; James 5:14-15; 1 Pet. 2:24)
- The Baptism with the Holy Spirit, is given to Believers who ask for it. (Acts 2:4, 10, 44-46; 19:1-7)
- In the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to Everlasting Life and the other to everlasting damnation. (Rev. 20:5-6, 11-15)
PASTOR PAUL ADEFARASIN
An Author, Motivator and Conference speaker, He is one of the most respected and sought-after ministers in Nigeria. His weekly television programme “SOMETHING IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN!” is broadcast into millions of homes across Africa and Europe. Paul Adefarasin is well known for his clear message of hope, healing, and empowerment. He is widely regarded as a visionary leader and bridge-builder. His ability to transcend Race, Tribe, and Creed with his unique approach to ministry has seen to the forging of many strategic relationships between the church and secular communities in Africa.